Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Precious Flower Girl

During our trip to Michigan we were honored to take part in my oldest friend, Lindsay's wedding. It was a perfect week. Jared performed the ceremony, I was a bridesmaid and Sophia was the flower girl. She was darling. Linds and her mom got Sophia cute pink tutu skirts to wear to the events and blinged out Flower Girl shirts. You could tell from the moment she got dressed for each event that she felt like a princess. Sometimes she even told us.
Here she is in front of the "Trilogy" yacht. The adults took a cruise on this Thursday night out in Lake Michigan. More on that later.
Sophia the Flower Girl and Ben the Ring Bearer



Sophia and the Bride
She made it down the aisle!!! :) Whew!! She spotted daddy first and I got her to come stand by me. There may or may not have been jelly beans in my pocket to convince her. Then she sat with Papa Roger and Grandma Connie in the first row. More jelly beans there!

She had a major meltdown about an hour before the wedding. I can't say I wasn't worried! But you know what they say..."Bad rehearsal, great performance!"