Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Missing our Friends

We have our good days and our not so good days. Our busy days full of activity and business and our lonely days when we miss the people we love so much.

I was having a pretty good day today. Quiet and a little lonely, but busy... and pretty good. Until I went in to tuck in Sophia. I found her peeking out her window, looking at the stars (I'm pretty sure she learned it from Dora). She was making a wish, and I'll let you listen in...

Ya know, we knew she'd miss her cousins and her Ollie Mo. We knew that. But in our head, she's 3 1/2. How much do you remember from when you were 3? She told me last night that she wanted to go to Emma's house. I told her that it's too far away to go tonight. Her response, "It's okay. I can go on an airplane. I'm ready now."

It's these moments when I'm not okay. I feel her longing to be with her friends and her family again. I so understand those feelings.

I share, not to make you AZ people sad, but to let you know what you mean to us.
That you are all missed dearly.
And we're really looking forward to June.
xoxoxoxoxo
:)