A few pics from our drive.
Little (big) buddy.
So sweet.
Got my movies, my snacks, my drinks... 16 hours is nothin!
Micah's favorite game was to take the lid off the cooler and play with it. It made a terrible, make your skin crawl and teeth hurt sound every time he touched it. It was not mommy's favorite game.
We stopped in Odessa to meet up with the Tyree Family. Malcolm and Christy planted there about 9 years ago. We pulled up to Rosa's Cafe (BEST tortillas EVER!) and they had this sign up waiting for us. It was such a blessing to be welcomed into the great state by them.
During this lunch Karie is sending me updates on Aaron Baddeley who was playing in the Northern Trust Open. But I'll back up a bit first...
Richelle and I have been friends since the fifth grade... so about 20 years. I can't say we were besties from the beginning because she always skated with the boys I liked at skate parties. We've both seen each other through some rough stuff and I'm so thankful for her friendship. She's just one of those people who knows me well. Sometimes too well, but I always appreciate her for it. :)
When we talked with the Baddeleys about what we felt called to do and how we were going to be moving on it, they were so supportive. They had decided that this year, they are going to have organizations, etc. that they give to pick a tournament that Aaron will be playing in and they will tithe directly to that organization whatever the winnings are... cut or no cut. They told us to pick a tournament for the Frisco church!
Jared and I talked about which one to choose. We were so busy packing up the house, packing up the truck, moving in to the Nutt house, saying our goodbye's... Wednesday before we left I told Jared "we should pick this tourney". I would love to say that I had been praying on it and God revealed it to me in a clear as day way that we should pick it now, but it wasn't like that. We were crazy busy, not to mention emotional and scatter brained. Looking back, I know God must have found a way to gently nudge me to tell Jared because I wasn't sitting down to listen.
Jared called Aaron and Aaron said "Great, let's get a "W" for you guys!"
And that was that.
Saturday we spent the day at mom's house and told people to come on by if they wanted to say bye. We'd be there all day. It was a steady stream of people and a heart breaking day. But we had the golf channel on all day too. Aaron was playing great and it was such a welcomed distraction to the sad day. I texted Richelle at the end of the day. Aaron was sitting pretty for the next day. I told her regardless of how the tourney ended up it had already been such a blessing to partner with them in that tournament. We prayed for Aaron all day. My mom always says "When you're having a bad day, do something for someone else." And that's what we were doing. Taking the focus off the heartache and thinking and praying with such detail and urgency for the Badds fam. We left a few hours after I texted Shells and started the drive.
We were able to get updates on our phones and occasionally someone would call or text us with updates. I've made that drive across west Texas a few times and if any one else out there has done it, you know what I'm talking about here.... there's nothing... for miles and miles and miles. But THIS time it was SO FUN! We left Odessa and Karie stayed on the phone with us to give play by plays.
"Aww Jewell is blowing kisses to the camera!"
"There's all the girls!"
"Richelle and Reanne have the girls!"
What did you think I meant by play by play? :)
And whaddya know... BADDS WINS!

Can we talk about CONFIRMATION!
The day were driving further and further from everyone we KNOW and LOVE, GOD is making a way for the church that He is starting in Frisco. He lovingly reminds us to keep looking forward, HE confirms that he loves us and is going to take care of the details!
There is one thing I've learned in the past few weeks
and it's earth shattering, people.
Are you ready for it?
Brace yourselves...
All He asks of us is to be willing.
Boom.
Jared and I are moving in a direction but only because He keeps making the way for us. He is determining our steps. He is so faithful.
Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess,
for He who promised is faithful.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see.
We don't "see" it yet, but He does.
And we are sure of what we hope for in Frisco.

