Wednesday my mom and I took the kids to the bookstore and did a little Christmas shopping. We had to run into Hallmark to pick up a few things. Grandma Annie worked at Hallmark for years. I remember visiting her store. She had great friends there. She always had on those big holiday earrings (sometimes they lit up), the crazy elaborate christmas sweaters (they may have lit up too)... the holidays were so much fun with her. I always miss her but Easter and Christmas... I really miss her.
So we were checking out at Hallmark and my mom happened to mention how her mom worked at TJ's Hallmark for years... the two older women behind the counter stopped in their tracks and looked at both of us with huge eyes. They asked her name... Annie... and I think all four of us could feel the waterworks coming. They were two of her three good friends from TJs. They immediately came out from behind the counter to hug us. Mom (who is already a little fragile with all of the changes happening in our family:)) lost it. I lost it.
They both talked about how much they miss her. How funny she was. How she would weigh her huge boobs on the candy scale. Yea... that happened... and that's how awesome she was. They said that anytime the three of them are together and take a picture they leave a space for where their fourth, Annie should be.
It was such a blessing for me to hear about how loved she was. I know our family has always adored her, but to hear how others adored her as well.. loved it.
Just wanted to take a little time before this week and remember her. Miss you Annie. So so much. xoxoxoxo

