Jared and I celebreated 5 years of wedding bliss :) on June 5th. Our friends The Spires used their Hilton connections to get us a cheap get away down to Tucson. It was a beautiful resort and a beautiful night. I told Jared I was reading in an old journal from college and found a list of characteristics to look for in a husband (I think I read it in "Lady in Waiting"). I was in awe when I realized that God allowed me to meet and marry a man who possessed each and every quality that was listed:
- He puts others needs ahead of his own (Phil. 2:3-4)
- He rejoices in his relationship with Christ (John 15:11)
- He maintains proper relationships (Heb 12:14)
- He refuses to jump ahead of God's timing (Ps 37:7)
- He seeks to meet the practical needs of others (Eph 4:32)
- He stands for what is right (Rom 2:9-10)
- He follows through on his God-given responsibilities (I Cor. 4:2)
- He unsderstand the importance of feelings and emotions (Col. 3:12)
I remember reading the list and thinking "OK if he at least has SOME of these qualities I can make it work." How foolish of me to think that God would allow me to settle for less than His very best! If you know my husband, you know that he's this way not only for my family, but for every person he meets. I'm honored and blessed to share life with Jared and I'm looking forward to many many more years together!



He also surprised me on the way out of town. He took me to Vera Bradley and I got to pick out whatever I wanted! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to me! I got this purse (notice it's a purse and NOT a diaper bag... such a big girl!) and a couple other little bags. So fun :)

